Fake live stream in RTSP server

jmichiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 08:12:23 PDT 2014

I'm stuck...

I tried this:
I create a GstRTSPMediaFactoryURI, and connect a handler to the
"media-constructed" signal.
In that handler, I connect a handler to the "prepared" signal of the
GstRTSPMedia.
In that handler, I try to get the bus (using gst_rtsp_media_get_element and
gst_element_get_bus) and then call gst_bus_add_signal_watch and connect a
handler to the message signal.

However the call to gst_bus_add_signal_watch causes a segmentation fault and
I get the following logs:
(StreamServer:18571): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bus_create_watch: assertion
'bus->priv->poll != NULL' failed
(StreamServer:18571): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_source_set_callback: assertion
'source != NULL' failed

What am I doing wrong (or is my whole approach wrong)?