time of day timestamps handling in gstreamer (v4l2 source)

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macq.eu
Mon Aug 25 09:06:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have an existing application using v4l2 cameras on different computers
synchronized by ntp.  The output (frames) of the different computers
are timestamped with the ntp time of the snapshot, provided by the v4l2
driver.

I can guarantee that the ntp time has no hickups (at least not when it matters).

I would like to rewrite this application using gstreamer.  How can I
get the same quality timestamps at the output of my gstreamer pipeline ?
In other words : in which buffer attribute(s) can I retrieve that timestamp ?

Thanks in advance

Philippe

--
Philippe De Muyter +32 2 6101532 Macq SA rue de l'Aeronef 2 B-1140 Bruxelles