opengl slow rendering using xvimagesink

Juan Robles filosangrante at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 07:34:09 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I've been trying to get a gl plugin to transform a video and then feed that
output to an encoder

This is the sample pipeline I'm using.

gst-launch -v filesrc location=/tmp/sintel_trailer-480p.webm ! decodebin !
glfilterreflectedscreen ! video/x-raw, format=I420,framerate=25/1 !
xvimagesink

This works ok, but image rendering on Xv is really slow.

Having a look to the gstreamer threads it looks like gstglcontext is taking
all the CPU time.

If I replace xvimagesink for glimagesink (removing the forced caps) frame
rendering is fast, as expected.

What I'd like to achieve is to encode that GPU processed video using, for
instance, x264enc.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Juan