Example for gnonlin - Howto Submit it to gnonlin Developers?

Mohan R mohan43u at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 04:11:49 PDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-08-31 at 12:21 +0200, Antonio Ospite wrote:
> Slightly OT.
>
> On the pitivi wiki I read that application developers are encouraged to
> use GES (GStreamer Editing Services) instead of using GNonLin directly:
> http://wiki.pitivi.org/wiki/GNonLin

I have been told in irc/mailing-list to use GES for editing purpose. At
first look, GES didn't look like a element which I can use it in
gstreamer's pipeline but a wrapper around gstreamer's pipeline. This
urged me to know more about the inner workings of GES.

When I started looking for any tutorial/examples for gnonlin, there is
nothing I'm able to find.

This doesn't mean I'm against developing applications using GES. My
purpose of writing this tool is to learn the basics of gnonlin and how
gnonlin fit into gstreamer. GES doesn't teach this.

Thanks,
Mohan R