Enumerate more cameras in same dshowvideosrc device-name=""

Jérôme Laheurte jlaheurte at quividi.net
Fri Dec 5 01:47:15 PST 2014

> Le 4 déc. 2014 à 21:57, krt <krthome at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Oh, thanks. Didn't try to work with it.
>
> This seems promissing if there is an option to do the same in gstreamer.
>
> How to access device properties like this? When I enumerate properties of
> the Pad through Probe of the dshowvideosrc, I have just properties like
> device-name etc. (which is the same for all cameras)

BTW the probe interface is deprecated; in 1.0 you’ll have to use the device provider interface (not implemented yet for dshowsrcwrapper). To differentiate between devices having the same name, you should use the « device » property instead of « device-name »; it’s the DirectShow device path. Take a look at gstdshow.cpp in the plugin’s sources (for instance the gst_dshow_getdevice_from_devicename) for a sample of how to enumerate those.

Cheers
Jérôme Laheurte