warnings in building gstreamer plugin

Mayank Agarwal mayank77fromindia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 14:17:45 PST 2014

Hi,

I am developing gstreamer source plugin and deriving from GstBase class
and on compiling the plugin i am getting the following warnings:

: warning: 'gst_av_filesrc_init' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
warning: '_do_init' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
: warning: 'gst_av_filesrc_base_init' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
warning: 'gst_av_filesrc_class_init' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]

also the error in
/usr/bin/ld:.libs/libgstavfilesrc.ver:2: syntax error in VERSION script

My doubts:

If i have to build sample application alongwith plugin.
How will my pipeline work since my plugin is still not installed
what is the reason of getting error:is it code related or some
framework/settings issue.

Regards,
Mayank