Gstreamer with OpenCV

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:54:34 PST 2014

Depending on how you compile OpenCV (there is a --with-gstreamer
option, but I don't how it gets handled in a Windows environment),
VideoCapture can open a gstreamer pipeline directly.  With
gstreamer-0.10, I was able to do something like:

VideoCapture cap("aravissrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! appsink");

For a udpsrc, you will need to specify a capsfilter.

For gstreamer-1.0 (which you should be using now anyway), you would
replace "ffmpegcolorspace" with "videoconvert".

I forget why I felt the need to put an appsink at the end of my
pipeline... I would have expected OpenCV to do that for me.  So you
might not need that either.

--wpd