Android : could not load theoradec plugin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Dec 17 00:54:52 PST 2014

On Di, 2014-12-16 at 15:07 -0800, Potoman wrote:
> I'm working on Android device.
>
> After few research, I don't know how decode my video on the Android device.
>
> I try to made :
>
> udpsrc > rtptheoradepay > theoradec > ffmpegcolorspace > autovideosink
>
> But Android not found theoradec. So he tell me that he can't link
> rtptheoradepay with ffmpegcolorspace.
>
> Anyone know what I have to do to decode my video ? What plugin should I use
> ?

theoradec is correct, but it apparently is not found. Can you show your
Android.mk? Also which GStreamer version is this? With ffmpegcolorspace
this looks like a very old 0.10 version.

Please try again with the latest version available from
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.4.4/

0.10 is no longer maintained since more than two years.

> I don't know how use gst-inspect on Android device but I read that we should
> have a root phone to do that...

It also won't help much in your case :)