Building GStreamer for Android on Windows

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 29 02:42:24 PST 2014

On Mo, 2014-12-29 at 12:05 +0530, pankaj bansal wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to add one more thing. When I the eclipse hangs, I have to stop it
> using end process in task manager. When I do that I get a window saying
> "make.exe has stopped working". I thought may be the eclipse is building
> the project or something, so I left it for 2 hours, but still it was hung.

The best would be to try running the Android tools from the commandline
to see why exactly it fails. Unfortunately Eclipse is not very
explanatory when things go wrong.

You would have to run
android update project -s -p . --target android-XX
(replace XX with the android target you want to target)
ndk-build
ant debug

After that you should have something in the bin directory, or saw an
error somewhere that would tell us what exactly went wrong.

Also note that the environment variable is called GSTREAMER_ROOT_ANDROID
without the SDK part.