Camerabin - how to specify size of image for capture

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 06:23:09 PST 2014

Thanks Thiago,

I am running Fedora 18 (I know it is a little bit old)

I installed git, got the create-uninstalled-setup.sh and ran it.  I did
not find any 'instructions' other than the scripts - perhaps I looked in
the wrong place.

The first problem I had was that the script told me that I was missing
"some very basic tools or dependencies" but didn't say what.  It
recommended I visited http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/Fedora for
instructions on how to install - but that came up "*This page does not
exist yet. You can create a new empty page, or use one of the page
templates.*"  So I looked at the tests the script had performed and
installed bison and flex.
I then tried to run autogen.sh.  This reported that
   checking for autopoint >= 0.17 ... autopoint not found !
You must have autopoint installed to compile gstreamer.
Download the appropriate package for your distribution,
or get the source tarball at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gettext/
   checking for libtoolize >= 2.2.6 ... found 2.4.2, ok.
   checking for pkg-config >= 0.8.0 ... found 0.27, ok.

- Please get the right tools before proceeding.
- Alternatively, if you're sure we're wrong, run with --nocheck.

I have read that autopoint is part of gettext (which I have installed -
I also have gettext-libs, but not gettext-devel, gettext-common-javadoc,
gettext-commons or gettext-common-devel). I have tried running autopoint
from a command line and it is NOT found.

Do I need to install one or more of those packages?

Ian