[gst-libav1.0][gstavmux] SIGSEGV when setting preload option in gst_ffmpegmux_setcaps

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Feb 3 19:32:16 CET 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 10:07 +0000, Dmitry Melnichenko wrote:

Hi Dmitry,

> Trying to encode video using libav through gst-libav I faced following
> problem:
>
> SIGSEGV in av_opt_find2(gst-libs/ext/libav/libavuti;/opt.c) on line:
> if(!strcmp(o->name, name) && (o->flags & opt_flags) == opt_flags &&

Do you happen to have a sample gst-launch-1.0 pipeline that reproduces
the issue?

> But question is: I'm not sure at this moment that my change is correct
> one in the sense of gstavmux logic and libav usage.
> If my change is correct, I would create issue in bugzilla and attach
> patch there.

It looks like you may have discovered a bug, so I think you should file
a bug in bugzilla regardless of whether you have a patch or your patch
is correct or not. It would be best if you just attached it there, so it
doesn't get lost. Someone will then look at it soon hopefully.

What version is this with?

Cheers
 -Tim