dynamic live source and linear muxed output stream

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Feb 4 06:20:47 PST 2014

On Di, 2014-02-04 at 14:41 +0100, Edouard Dupin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a dynamic live source that can change the type of stream (mpegts
> to ???) and we need to keep a static output (constant framerate, and
> specific size)
> Note that our output is a http sink.
>
> [...]
> We have tried some solution, but we request your opinion about our choice.
>
> Our tested solution:
> - Re-timestamp the buffer "PTS" just after push out of the decoder and
> send modified segment->position to the current push time (linear
> timestamp from the starting of the pipeline) to the muxer ==> but it
> does not seams to be a good solution.
> - An other way could be to modify the muxer to manage change input
> segment to generate continuous output.

You'll either have to re-timestamp the input or ideally you would use
pad offsets after the input switch (gst_pad_set_offset()).

You have to do something to make sure that the running time of buffers
is continuous before and after the switch and that there is no jump
anywhere.

Expertise, Straight from the Source