Embedding scripting language in a filter element

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed Feb 5 09:03:17 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Michael Grüner
<michael.gruner at ridgerun.com> wrote:
> Yes, plugins written in python behave like any other. You can inspect them,
> use them with gst-launch or within your app.

It's very hard to come up with information about using Python with
GStreamer 1.0. This has some good info:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Novacut/GStreamer1.0

I could only come up with a single example of an element by searching
for "Gst.Element.register":
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jderose/+junk/gst-examples/view/head:/plugin-1.0

This asks exactly my question, but has no answer:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/17969041/403491

So as I understand it I install PyGObject
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygobjectwin32/), create my plugin as
in the example above, but then what? Where do I put the py/pyc/pyo
file? I can't find anything in GStreamer core about loading Python
plugins, so there must be another plugin that then searches for and
registers them.

Thanks for any help you can provide.