gstreamer not finding plugins in Windows

Eugen Dedu Eugen.Dedu at pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr
Wed Feb 5 18:10:29 CET 2014

It turns out that this allowed me to solve the issue, so thank you!

The official bundle worked on my machine, showing many plugins.  After
several tests I finally discovered that the problem was that in my
installer I put bin/libgstapp-1.0-0.dll only, whereas lib/libgstapp.dll
must be added too!!!

I have not noticed there are two files with similar names.  What is the
difference between the two??

Also, I noticed that if libgstreamer...dll is in bin directory, plugins
are searched in ../lib.  Otherwise, plugins are NOT searched in ../lib,
but in ./lib.
(http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Installing+on+Windows shows
only ../lib)