Embedding scripting language in a filter element

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Thu Feb 6 04:59:55 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 12:37 AM, Michael Grüner
<michael.gruner at ridgerun.com> wrote:
> The core won't handle python elements by itself. The trick is that there is
> a python plugin that works as a python element loader that will do the job.

Thank you for the explanation. It appears the Python plugin was never
ported to 1.0. Here's the 0.10 version:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-python/tree/plugin/gstpythonplugin.c?h=0.10

Not sure why it was completely removed from the master branch, it
seems like it should be possible to port it to 1.0. Biggest change
would be using GI instead of PyGTK I think.