editing services: remove video segments without transcoding

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Thu Feb 6 14:14:09 PST 2014

Hey,

I have a question regarding the gstreamer editing services (sorry if this is
the wrong list for these type of questions): I'd like to remove some segments
of a video file but avoid any transcoding.

My first approach was to add the source video multiple times to the timeline -
just changing start, inpoint/duration for each clip.

Now I'm unsure how/if the editing services will allow me to save the result
without transcoding (my input files are mostly using h264/avi).

Probably I need to set "GstPbutils.EncodingContainerProfile" to the same value
as the input file.
 1. How can I get that information using gstreamer?
 2. Assuming that I'm only adding the same video multiple times with
    different time positions is #1 enough to prevent transcoding?

Thanks,
Felix