Autopluggable Decryptor Element

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Feb 12 02:43:25 PST 2014

On Mi, 2014-02-12 at 02:23 -0800, MartinK wrote:
> Hi again Nicolas.
>
> I looked at the gst_type_find_helper_for_buffer() function since the
> decryptor operates in push mode.
> The problem I am having is that the decryptor chain function never gets
> called because decodebin2 is trying to build an infinite pipeline of
> decryptors before the pipeline is ever played !   Do you know if there is
> any way around this problem? Sorry if I am being obtuse.

Use GStreamer 1.x, decodebin prevents plugging infinitely the same
element there.

But independent of that, your decrypter element should accept different
caps on the sinkpad than it outputs on the srcpad. E.g.
"application/x-martins-encryption" vs "video/h264". Then there should be
no infinite loop of the same element.

Expertise, Straight from the Source