Interlace two videos

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Feb 12 11:43:31 PST 2014

On Mi, 2014-02-12 at 06:10 -0800, pfarmer wrote:
> Is it possible with the existing plugins to interleave two video streams? Similar to how it is possbile to use videomixer to put two videos side-by-side or top-bottom.
>
> It would be also good if the odd "field" of one stream could be discarded and the even "field" off the other video could be discarded. Meaning that the resulting frame-rate and frame-rate would be equal.

There's the interlace plugin which does something like that but only
takes a single video as input and interlaces that according to some
properties you can set.

If I understand you correctly you want to interlace-mix two video
streams into one? There's no element for that but writing one is not too
difficult.

Expertise, Straight from the Source