Autopluggable Decryptor Element

MartinK martin.kohn at fortiumtech.com
Thu Feb 13 01:41:32 PST 2014

Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> On Mi, 2014-02-12 at 03:42 -0800, MartinK wrote:> Hi again Sebastian.> >
> Thanks for your quick reply.> We are using a qml for our media player and
> so we are constrained to use> gstreamer 0.10 at least for our first
> release.> > Given that the decryptor produces output at the highest level,
> i.e. mp4 or> avi, what caps string should I use to represent that?> Sorry
> if that's a dumb question but I am not experienced in video formats. I>
> assume I should set the caps in the static pad template for the src pad
> and> that will suffice.The input (sinkpad) caps of the decryptor should be
> some special capsthat only your element handles, e.g.
> application/x-martins-encryption :)The output (srcpad) caps should be what
> the typefinder tells you, e.g.video/quicktime for MP4.-- Sebastian Dröge,
> Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.comExpertise, Straight from the
> mailing list

> gstreamer-devel at .freedesktop

> (968 bytes)
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4665219/0/signature.asc>

Thanks again for that.The problem though is that the
gst_typefind_helper_for_buffer() function needs to be called in the
decryptor's chain functionso it has a buffer to work with ; but the chain
function never gets called because of the infinite pipeline building. It's a
catch 22. Can you think of any way round that?Regards,   Martin.