Clockoverlay + fractional part of the seconds

Mario Montagud Climent mamontor at posgrado.upv.es
Thu Feb 13 02:27:49 PST 2014

Dear all,

I am using clockoverlay in my streaming scenario (gst-launch-1.0). It
works fine using the following time-format="%H:%M:%S", but my
intention is to also display the fractional part of the seconds (at
least ms).

According to gst-inspect, the time format is as in strftime, so I've
tried using both:

time-format="%H:%M:%S.%L" (%L - Millisecond of the second (000..999)),

and

time-format="%H:%M:%S.%N" (%N - Fractional seconds digits, default is
9 digits (nanosecond)),

but none of the previous methods displayed the fractional part of the seconds.

Is it possible to do that with clockoverlay? Do you recommend an
alternative solution?

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,

Mario Montagud