Capture audio (loopback capture) with gstreamer on Windows

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Feb 14 14:00:09 PST 2014

On Fr, 2014-02-14 at 08:35 -0800, AmirH wrote:
> Hi, First of all, sorry for my english :)
>
> I want to create a free PC software that runs in the background (in the
> "notification area" of windows) that recognizes and displays the music
> played on a label closed to the so-called "notification area" (the message
> should be discrete) whenever it recognizes a music played by the headphones.
>
> In addition, I would like a button "share on facebook" so that when this
> button is pressed, the status "listening TITLE by ARTIST." is generated on
> facebook.
>
> It's not that I'm a crazy about sharing on facebook, but it happens that I
> want to share with others what new music I'm listening to.
>
> For a beginning, I would like to create an application (preferably in C / C
> + +) for capturing 30 seconds of what you hear by the speakphones every 2
> minutes. I know WASAPI can do that but if I can use gstreamer , it would be
> great!!

The best way to do that with GStreamer will be to make the WASAPI
GStreamer plugins work properly and then capture via them.

You'll need to use something that allows you to capture the sound from
the system, and WASAPI is probably your best choice for that on Windows.

Expertise, Straight from the Source