PAT/PMT info in MPEG tsdemux

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Feb 18 05:11:42 PST 2014

On Mo, 2014-02-17 at 17:16 -0800, Rajesh Sharma wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply:)
>
> as of now we are using gstreamer 0.10 and have written our own ts demux to
> make use of HW.
> sending message to application is good but it is required to fetch the PMT
> info directly from this
> ts demux about current running program from application.
> Therefore wanted to know that which of following two methods is recommended
> to implement this feature.
>
> 1> custom query about pmt info
> 2> element property of pmt info
>
> moreover it will be really good to know the rationale behind choosing a
> particular method
> of above two choices.

As mentioned before, the best solution would be to expose this
information to the application with a GstMessage. A query is not very
useful because it's information that can change at any time, so polling
by the application is not a good idea. And the same goes for a property.

Expertise, Straight from the Source