How to debug internal dataflow error?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Feb 19 09:41:44 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-14 at 09:49 -0800, Baby Octopus wrote:

> I would like to know why is the error seen in base src element? Is there any
> event set because of which this has happened?

It probably happens because some element returns GST_FLOW_ERROR from
their chain function without posting a proper error message on the bus.
When that happens, the GST_FLOW_ERROR flow return value will propagate
upstream through the pipeline to the element/thread driving (that part
of) the pipeline, which is a source element in your case. It will then
post a generic 'internal flow error' message as backup message in case
some element forgot to post a proper error with more details.

You have to check the debug log to see where the problem occured.

Cheers
 -Tim