timeout not working

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sat Feb 22 12:18:20 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-22 at 10:22 -0800, oguime wrote:

Hi,

> I'm new to GStreamer, can you point me a sample of using gst_parse_launch
> for encoding?

I don't have a sample at hand, but it's just a function that you can
pass a pipeline string in the same way you pass a pipeline string to
gst-launch, and it gives you back a ready-made pipeline. It's the
easiest way to construct a pipeline and works just like gst-launch.

> Also notice that I'm using GStreamer 1.0 in order to take advantage of H264
> hardware acceleration on the Pi. Does Python binding support 1.0?

That's great. You should be using 1.0. The python bindings have changed
a little and are now provided by gobject-introspection via the pygi
bindings. There are some hints on this site (not 100% up-to-date, but a
good starting point):

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Novacut/GStreamer1.0

 Cheers
  -Tim