uvch264src: Only broken examples

Alexandru Csete oz9aec at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 01:37:59 PST 2014

Hi Mark,

I don't know what to say besides confirming that my examples work for me
using gstreamer 1.2.2. Perhaps there are some clues of an error in the
"bunch of stuff" that you get in the terminal. Perhaps something goes wrong
while you copy & paste the long command.

Anyway, it sounds like you are using gstreamer out of necessity and not
because you want to. Gstreamer is a development framework and not an
end-user application. It is intended for application developers. If you
just want to use your webcam you should use an application intended for
that. Theoretically, all webcam applications should work with the C920 but
in practice probably not all of them support H.264 stream. I know qv4l2 and
guvcview support H.264 streams and work with the C920 and C930, though I
haven't tried for quite a while.

The double-speed playback could be a firmware bug.

Alex