Recording & Playback custom data

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Feb 25 12:10:59 PST 2014

On Di, 2014-02-25 at 02:05 -0800, Emmanuel Granatello wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to use GStreamer recording and playback features in order to
> store/playback
> custom data (i.e. no video/audio streaming)?
>
> Are there any samples that show how to do?

GStreamer does not care about the type of data, you can put anything you
like into buffers and events. I think one of the best examples of
GStreamer usage without audio/video is what the guys at LIGO do with
GStreamer. Look here at the bottom for example:
http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/~kcannon/

Expertise, Straight from the Source