x264 plugin

Alice Wonder alicewonder at shastaherps.org
Thu Feb 27 00:15:32 PST 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-27 at 14:06 +0600, aft wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed g-streamer by the binaries provided for mac osx. Now
> it does not have x264 plugin.
>
> [1] What is the list of plugins distributed with the binaries?
> [2] If ugly plugins are excluded , why its excluded?
> [3] I guess i've to build the ugly plugins, but is there any binaries
> which can be obtained for plugins which are not distributed with the
> main binary package?

If you don't mind paying, I *believe* fluendo has a codec package for OS
X.

I've found for many of the patent encumbered codecs they work better
than the open-source ones. In fact gstreamer on my linux box plays
windows media better than WMP on my windows box does.

For h.264 with free open-source plugin I think what you want is
gstreamer-ffmpeg is what you want but it has been years since I've used
any of the open source plugins for h.264