Multiple c920s on GStreamer 1.2.3

Mark Scudder mark at markscudder.com
Thu Feb 27 13:20:14 PST 2014

On Feb 27, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Alexandru Csete <oz9aec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> You need to add an MP4 muxer if you want an MP4 file. Without the muxer you are just saving the raw h264 stream. The element mp4mux can probably do what you need.

Hi Alex,

Thanks. I see some examples with h264parse before mp4mux in the pipeline. Is that necessary in this case? If so, why?

> This certainly sounds like a bug or limitation of the uvch264src, though I am not familiar with the internals. I hope somebody more qualified can comment on this.

I hope somebody can. Anybody know about multiple uvch264src instances running on the same computer?

> You get unmuxed raw audio and raw H264 video from the camera (they are of course muxed on the physical bus ;-)
> The audio and video sources appear as two different devices on the computer and you have to mux them yourself in the pipeline. The avimux element has some good examples how you can mux audio and video:
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-avimux.html

Thanks, I will look into this and experiment on adding them to this pipeline.

-mark