Need urgent help with clockoverlay

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Jan 1 11:03:48 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-01 at 10:44 -0800, rbattu wrote:

Hi,

> I was trying to clockoverlay , but not succesful, below is the command and
> the resulted caps. The output showing was struck after the timeoverlay, any
> guess why the flow isnt going through clockoverlay?
>
> gst-launch-0.10 -v  tcpclientsrc host=192.168.0.102 port=5000 ! gdpdepay !
> rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)YUY2 ! autoconvert !    timeoverlay
> halign=right valign=top ! clockoverlay halign=left valign=top
> time-format="%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S" ! xvimagesink sync=false

Don't use "autoconvert" here, it doesn't do what you think it does,
despite the name. If you want to add converters just in case, use
ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale . Also, why force the format to YUY2 here
instead of just letting ffmpegcolorspace and the rest of the pipeline
figure out what works best for them? (possibly I420 in this case).

 Cheers
  -Tim