qtgstreamer: Buffer Timestamp

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 05:23:18 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Martin Jackson
<mjackson220.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear gstreamer developers,
>
> I'm using qtgstreamer 0.10.2-2ubuntu (as supplied in my ubuntu 'saucy'
> distro), and I wish to pump demuxed video packets into a ffdec_h264 element.
>
> I've managed to do this without problems in a 'regular' gstreamer / glib
> program, and I just use the GstBuffer object and set the appropritate
> parameters thereof, including using GST_BUFFER_TIMESTAMP(x) to set the
> timestamp values.
>
> However, I wish to do this in a qtgstreamer environment, but I am baffled as
> to how to set the timestamps on buffers. The Buffer object has a timeStamp
> method, which as far as I can tell is a 'getter' of the timestamp, but not a
> 'setter'.
>
> There is no other way that I can see (perhaps I misunderstood something) to
> set the timestamp of a buffer. Is this indeed the case? Can anyone give me a
> pointer on how to do this?

This sounds right, there seems to be no way to do it. I don't think
there is a good reason for this, it's just an omission in the
qt-gstreamer API. You could patch it and add the relevant setter
method, or use the C API directly in combination with qt-gstreamer.

Regards,
George