Strange issue with pipeline

Pedro Côrte-Real pedro at pedrocr.net
Thu Jan 2 08:40:15 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM, adrien_sch
<adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com> wrote:
> The cause of your problem can be also a resource problem.

Not sure what you mean by that.

> In your case, I will start on two points (may not resolve your issue but you
> will gain in quality).
>
> - First, apply this
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-dynamic-pipelines.html
>  Indeed, You shouldn't stop gstreamer element without send a EOS event
> inside. You will need to implement your own bin element for that. Contact me
> if you need help on this.

Yes, this is where I got the approach from. I'm no longer using NULL
for this. I'm sending a proper EOS. A fix was needed to the probe code
to make this workable.

> - Second, check your alive objects with GS_DEBUG=GST_REFCOUNTING:5

That didn't seem to give me any extra info (I set GST_DEBUG not
GS_DEBUG). Clearly there's a failure in the connection with
gst-rstp-server that I should react to by reconnecting. That's the way
vlc handles it anyway:

main debug: Stream buffering done (1033 ms in 1046 ms)
main debug: Decoder buffering done in 0 ms
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 42 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 42 ms)
main debug: picture might be displayed late (missing 8 ms)
main debug: auto hiding mouse cursor
live555 debug: tk->rtpSource->hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP()
main error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called
main debug: Buffering 0%

Pedro