How to wait for the pipeline destruction

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 10:02:47 PST 2014

2014/1/3 Elio Francesconi <elio.francesconi at gmail.com>:
> No, in few words:
> I’ve created a Voip application and I’m using SIP as signalling protocol,
> the scenario I need to handle is with a Re-INVITE request where the streams
> are negotiated again, and if I don’t sync the pipelines with my signalling
> protocol I could receive the new SSRC stream on the previous pipeline. In
> that case an exception is thrown by GStreamer because the link is already
> ON.
> That’s why I need to be sure the rtp pipelines must be closed.
> I tried sending the EOS message with this code, but the app hangs because I
> don’t receive any GST_MESSAGE_EOS messages

Quite complex. In my non-qualified opinion, EOS message requires quite
a bit of efforts, and does not guarantee RTP sockets closing, which
still can happen asynchronously (at last i don't know without looking
in RTP element code).
I'd suggest you to check manually that the ports you need got free, by
trying to bind on them manually.

--
Andrey Utkin