Properly segment a video file

Pedro Côrte-Real pedro at pedrocr.net
Mon Jan 6 10:31:37 PST 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 6:09 PM, adrien_sch
<adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com> wrote:
> sync=TRUE on the filesink element. Your code seems to use sync=false (the
> default value).

That's not a property specific to filesink so I assume that's a
general Gstreamer property. Where are those documented?

> I tested your code, and tried with the buffer number and it seems to works
> better than with sync=true. In my case start, and stop time of the video
> file are very big.

Not sure what you mean by "buffer number". I'm just adjusting the PTS
on every buffer.

> The reason of using sync=true is that I will create another branch to
> display the video, and the display must be sync (actually I don't know how
> gstreamer will react if one sink element has the sync set to TRUE and
> another sink branch set to FALSE).

I will actually also be doing a branch to stream the video over http
but don't have any sync requirements between the two.

Pedro