mpegtsmux question

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Thu Jan 9 15:16:51 PST 2014

I am using GStreamer 0.10.30 and getting killed by the number of packets in
a mpegts session. I think that GStreamer 1.0 + supports the RFC that allows
packing multiple 188 byte 'chunks' into a single larger IP packet. Would
someone please tell me the property name to enable that? I am looking at
the possibility of back-porting that to the bad plugins 0.10.20. I love
punishment. :-) I was thinking of simply copying the mpegtsmux source to
the 0.10.20 directory (overwriting the original) and simply trying a build.
Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thank you,
Chuck Crisler