How to do some common processing on all the elements at the same time

Yogesh Tyagi yogesh.bit2006 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 02:06:04 PST 2014

Hi,

I am facing an architecture related issue in my gstreamer plugin. In my
plugin there are four elements
1. Transport stream demux
2. Video Decoder
3. Video Renderer
4. Audio Sink

Each element opens some hardware devices in "READY_TO_PAUSE" state
transition and acquires the device handle. Now before moving to "PLAY"
state I want to set "same base time" from a common clock on all the devices
(using their device handles acquired in different elements's init
functions) at the same time but all these device handles are not available
at one place.

Can somebody give me some idea of how can I do this in gstreamer?

Thanks,
Yogesh