gstrtpbin, RTCP empty RR packets while streaming

Withnell, Richard (withnell) r.withnell at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 14:08:52 PST 2014

I have a gstrtpbin with a video and an audio session, both are working and are output properly. However I am not getting any information for the video session in the on-ssrc-active callback, even though it is being called for both sessions as expected.

The IP and port is correct, however the rb-packetslost, rb-jitter, rb-exthighestseq etc are always 0 (but only for the video stream).

I have tried simplifying the pipeline on the client and the server, separating the video component but that hasn't improved anything.

Does anyone know of any reason why the RTCP RR packets would be empty, even when the stream is working properly?

Thanks in advance,

Richard