adding filesrc inputs dinamycally to videomixer

Lautaro Woites lauchapc87 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 11:41:47 PST 2014

Hi people,

I'm trying to add inputs to videomixer from filesrc dynamically.
I have a videotestsrc as background (with is-live=TRUE).
When I want to add a new input I create a bin with
filesrc, decodebin, videorate and videoconvert.
Then I request a pad on the mixer and I link it to the bin.

It works  OK but not as I need. Every time I add a new input to the mixer
the video file start from the current running time and not from the
beginning as I expected.

I've tried to replace the first SEGMENT event at the decodebin src pad with
a pad probe and replace it with a new event where start=0 and end=-1. But
it seems to not make any difference.
Also I've tried to replace the segment with a new one where the
segment.base=<running_time_from_the_pipeline>, but the pipeline freezes.
The log shows that the new videomixer:sink receives the segment event and
then both mixer's sinks sent a qos event.

I've tried two ways for replace the segment event, the first one was to
drop the first event(returning GST_PAD_PROBE_DROP) and send a new one from
the app. (Seeing the logs the videomixer receives the two segment events).
The other way was to replace de event on the GstPadProbeInfo on the probe.

I'm using gst 1.2.2 and a C application.

The example's code is here: http://pastebin.com/KGyjky1R

Every suggestion is welcomed
Thanks!