AW: DVD-Playback

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Jan 14 15:34:22 PST 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 22:30 +0100, Bernhard Graaf wrote:

Hi Bernhard,

> Yes, that was the first idea, but after checking the functionality I found
> out, that I'm missing some controls (mainly chapter/angel selection).
> So the next idea is to use a more granular pipeline (I think I need
> dvdreadsrc at last), but at first I need to have more information's about
> 'how the pipeline is to build to give me a playback of a DVD'.

Chapter/angle selection should work just fine with playbin as well. You
can do seek events and duration queries in "chapter" and "angle" format.
Look at what Totem does, 'next chapter'/'previous chapter' works just
fine there.

Even if you use playbin you can still get to the elements inside the
pipeline (e.g. they post messages on the bus, and playbin's
"source-setup" signal will give you rsndvdbin as source IIRC).

 Cheers
  -Tim