How to use Camerabin

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 02:05:57 PST 2014

I am attempting to use  camerabin to take snapshots.

I see from a gst-inspect-1.0 of camerabin that a) the default mode is
'(1): mode-image       - Still image capture' and b) there are two
'Element Actions' of 'start-capture' and 'stop-capture'.

I assume that stop-capture is only required if the capture mode is
'mode-video'.

What I don't know is how to initiate the start-capture.  I can see that
the inspect tells me  that start-capture is

    void user_function (GstElement* object);

but if I have declared an element called 'myBin' using

    myBin  = gst_element_factory_make ("camerabin", "cambin1");

how would I make it take a picture?

Ian