Chroma key (green/blue screen) blending

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Jan 15 08:20:37 PST 2014

On Mi, 2014-01-15 at 17:08 +0100, Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
> Thanks Sebastian. Should have seen that myself. Seems like the alpha plugin
> can convert I420 to BGRA pretty much like videoconvert though it add the
> feature I suggested, but with more sophistication. Unless it has a
> different setup, I could suggest to merge videoconvert and alpha, but that
> is just an oppinion.
>
> I assume it is safe to expect that the alpha plugin is using the same YUV
> to RGB conversion as videoconvert. At least it is using a similar high
> amount of CPU as videoconvert for 1.2.2. I also assume/hope this is fixed
> in 1.3 by the fix you guys and girls did for videoconvert?

Unfortunately it is not the same conversion code and the one in the
alpha plugin is a) not using ORC and b) not as correct as the one in
videoconvert.

I would recommend converting to a video format with alpha channel with
videoconvert before the alpha element if that is a concern.

Expertise, Straight from the Source