Eglglesink white screen ?

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 04:09:48 PST 2014

Hi.

Im trying to build a script for many hardware platforms primarily running a
late Ubuntu desktop version. For one of the tests I'm using vanilla Ubuntu
desktop 13.10 amd64 which come with standard gstreamer 1.2.0. To complicate
it a bit further, I'm running Ubuntu in a VirtualBox under OS X on a Mac.
VirtualBox has OpenGL support.

Now when I run a pipeline ending with autovideosink, a window with the
right size appear and is named something with eglglesink however the window
is all white which of course not really was the intention. Can anyone
please tell me

   1) Why does it select eglglesink?
   2) Why is eglglesink all white?
   3) Is there a good workaround?

My goal is of course to have a pipeline that will work on many platforms
whether they are virtual or not. Did a little search and though I have
found references to eglglesink and white screen/window, not many
suggestions seems proper.

If I run the same pipeline ending in ximagesink, I get a nice video window.
However if I end in xvimagesink I get the error message and no window:

  No Xv port available

So I guess Xv module is not supported on Virtualbox. BTW Ubuntu/VirtualBox
is running X.org server 1.14 modules.