General stream error using fre0r-mixer-subtract

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Jan 17 06:36:23 PST 2014

Le jeudi 16 janvier 2014 à 10:25 +0100, Dirk Van Haerenborgh a écrit :
> Hi all,
>

> I am trying to subtract a decoded stream from the original
> uncompressed stream to evaluate compression artifacts. For subtracting
> frames I am using the frei0r-mixer-subtract element, but I keep
> getting not-negotiated errors, though there seems to be no clear
> indication (in the logs) why that is happening.

I tried and there is a negotiation problem indeed. Decoding the MKV
result in more fields then decoding the AVI (pixel-aspect-ratio,
colorimetry and interlace-mode), and this eventually fails the
negotiation.  But this does not explain anything, please file a bug to
bugs.gnome.org, we'll continue the investigation from there.

Thanks,
Nicolas