Meeting at FOSDEM'14

Fedor Lyakhov fedor.lyakhov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 12:40:40 PST 2014

Hi,

Who is going to visit FOSDEM this year? It would be nice to meet you there!
I'll be giving a talk
https://fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/virtiaas23/ on Sunday (Feb 2nd)
in the Virtualisation dev room, and you're very welcome!

"Media redirection for Spice remote computing solution"
Project Melange: optimizing media stream processing for media players
and VoIP clients in virtual desktop infrastructures.

This is "cross-functional" project involving technologies of
virtualization (Spice), multimedia and VoIP (GStreamer, Google WebRTC,
others in future), remote services (Apache Thrift, D-Bus).

I and my friends Egor M. and Alexey K. have started this project
Melange, it is currently hosted at https://github.com/lyakhov/melange
and is in the very early stage of development - we're preparing 2
prototypes for the FOSDEM. One of them will be using GStreamer via
gstd (GStreamer D-Bus Daemon).

There are many architectural and design questions I'd like to discuss
- to determine the best way of reaching Melange's goals... Your input
will be very valuable!

Me and Egor (Alexey couldn't make it unfortunately) will arrive to
Brussels slightly earlier - so we'll get to FOSDEM Beer Event in
Delirium at 31st evening, hope to meet you there!
(https://fosdem.org/2014/practical/beerevent/)

--
Best regards,
Fedor