How to stream a file in loop without timestamp reset

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Mon Jan 20 06:09:03 PST 2014

Le lundi 20 janvier 2014 à 10:08 +0100, Federico Zamperini a écrit :
> I actually do it specifying GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH, but from what
> Sebastian
> says I suspect this may affect the timestamps.

The segment-done event will be sent by the seeking element (i.e. the
demuxer) when the end of the segment has been reached and pushed.
Though, there is a small portion of the segment that is still not
decoded and played. This is the time you have to operate the seek before
you underrun. Adding the FLUSH flag to your seek would cause this
portion to be released and you would underrun, causing a gap.

In this mode of operation, unless you have an underrun (computer or
source too slow), the pipeline should remain playing, and will not have
to pre-roll again. I have not tested what would happen if the caps
changes and the allocation need to be re-negotiated, I suspect the gap
is currently unavoidable in this case.

cheers,
Nicolas