udp streaming: reconnect on the fly

Charles hobbesc7 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 08:00:49 PST 2014

I'm live streaming from a usb encoder using a device node filesrc and a
udpsink (the "server"), and then playing the video on my client from the
udpsrc.

If I leave the client video open, but kill the server, the video freezes,
as expected.  When I restart the server, the video continues streaming.

If I kill the client, however, I cannot reconnect to the stream without
restarting the server.

Is there any way to stop and start the client, without having to restart
the server?

I'd also like to have multiple clients, each with their own IP address, who
could each connect/disconnect from the stream, without restarting the
server.  Is this possible?