videocrop and videobox not working in video coordinate...

Eric Trousset etrousset at awox.com
Wed Jan 22 00:59:45 PST 2014

Hi,
It looks like videocrop and videobox tries to negotiate the caps based on the output, thus negotiating a input of output size + cropping offsets.
So if we have a 1920x1080 video that we want to render in a 320x200 surface, the videoxxx element will negociate an input of 320+left+rightx200+top+bottom.
This doesn't really make sence IMO cause we want to crop a certain amount in the original video coordinate , so videoxxx should accept the full video size on input, crop it, and then we can do the videoscale to obtain the final video size.

Actually this is an issue only when using playbin, giving a custom videosink bin that has the videobox/crop element.

Is there a easy way to have the input negotiate the fullvideo size?

Cheers,
Eric