[gst 1.2.2] remove a request pad from videomixer cause SEGFAULT

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jan 25 02:47:01 PST 2014

On Fr, 2014-01-24 at 10:56 -0200, Lautaro Woites wrote:
> The backtrace in the previous mail was obtained by running the example with
> the arch linux binaries.
> Now, I'm  running the example with a gst-uninstalled setup and the program
> blows up also on videomixer but in another place.
>

>  I've forgotten to attach the example on the previous mail. I'am attaching
> it now.
>
> [...]

Yeah all these backtraces strongly suggest that it's the bug to which
you added your example. It looks like videomixer is still using the pad
that you just removed, which happens because of the suboptimal locking
in videomixer and the duplicated pad storage as described in the bug.

Expertise, Straight from the Source