shmsink and shmsrc for OS X

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jan 25 02:55:53 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-01-23 at 22:14 +0100, Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
> Hi Olivier
>
> See also old mail below.
>
> The GStreamer Framework for OS X provided and maintained by the GStreamer
> Project found at
>
>    http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/osx/
>
> does not seem to include neither shmsrc nor shmsink. Should it be included?
> I'd really like that as I depend on them heavily for Snowmix.
>
> Is there any known reasons why it is not included ?

I think it's just an oversight, it should've been included. I'll test it
and include it with the next binary release if it works (and otherwise
file a bug).

> Do you know if there exists recent instructions on how to compile it for OS
> X. Most of what I have seen is at least 2-4 years old and a couple of OS X
> versions old.

I think this is the only up-to-date instruction: http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero

Just don't use that cerbero branch but this here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/

And best to build from the 1.2 cerbero branch, and instead of calling
"package gstreamer-sdk" as in the docs you call "package gstreamer-1.0"

I guess at some point I should write all this down and also put it on
the website of the GStreamer project so we don't have to depend on that
third-party website for documentation.

Expertise, Straight from the Source