OpenCV cv::Mat data push to RTSP

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jan 25 03:05:51 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-01-23 at 12:38 -0800, MrDaniel wrote:
> Hello.
>
> OpenCV supports video capture from RTSP however i am unsure how to push the
> post processed images to RTSP. GStreamer seems to be the way to go.
>
> I can't find how to push an byte/double array as an image to an RTSP stream
> so it is view able by a third party/

Take a look at the opencv plugin in gst-plugins-bad, this has code to
transform opencv images to GStreamer buffers.

You will only need to connect that with some encoder (or not if you want
to stream raw video) and gst-rtsp-server to be able to stream this over
RTSP.

Expertise, Straight from the Source