videocrop and videobox not working in video coordinate...

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jan 25 03:09:20 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-01-23 at 09:48 +0100, Eric Trousset wrote:
> Yes, I understand that. Then, when using playbin, how can I get the
> original video size and to be able the add a capfilter in front of the
> videocrop element to avoid video scaling prior to the cropping?

That's actually a good question and not so trivial at all. I assume you
have a custom video-sink on playbin, which is a bin that contains among
other things the capsfilter and videocrop.

If you're lucky then the following will work. You put
... ! videocrop ! videoscale ! capsfilter ! ...
inside the bin. The capsfilter would then make sure that the output
after cropping is exactly the size you want.

Alternatively you will have to handle negotiation and the caps events in
your bin and dynamically set proper caps on the capsfilters and set the
crop properties on videocrop accordingly.

Expertise, Straight from the Source